Portland Will & Trust Lawyers
Protect Your Wishes & Provide for Your Loved Ones
If you want to be certain that your wishes will be carried out and your assets and property divided as you see fit when you pass on, it is time to consider the will and trust services provided by our team at Levine Law Center. We can help you draft a Last Will and Testament that suits your unique needs. We can help you establish one or more trusts to protect your assets from estate taxes, avoid probate, and provide for loved ones.
It is never too early to speak with a Portland will and trust attorney at our firm. You do not have to be wealthy or nearing retirement to consider estate planning. If you feel strongly about providing for loved ones and making sure that your wishes are carried out when you pass on or if you should become incapacitated, now is the time to call our firm.
Contact us at (503) 433-8340 to discuss our will and trust services and how we can help you.
Types of Trusts
A trust is a valuable tool that can protect property from taxes, creditors, and lawsuits, ensuring it is used for a specific purpose by a trustee, who has a fiduciary duty to manage the assets held in the trust for its beneficiaries.
There are many different types of trusts, which may address varying needs. These include:
- Revocable trusts, which can be changed or revoked
- Irrevocable trusts, which cannot be changed or revoked after their creation
- Special needs trusts, which can help support disabled beneficiaries without affecting government benefits
- Charitable trusts, which are established to benefit a charity or the public in general
- Asset protection trusts, which can protect one’s assets from future creditor claims
- Spendthrift trusts, which prevent beneficiaries from wasting or selling interests held by the trust
Benefits of a Last Will & Testament
If you die without a will, your estate will be divided in accordance with Oregon intestacy law, not in accordance with your wishes. A Last Will and Testament that is clear, complete, and legally enforceable can provide a number of benefits, making sure your wishes are carried out, your family members are provided for as you see fit, and there are no disputes between beneficiaries regarding their inheritance.
If you are looking for experienced help with a will or trust, contact the Portland attorneys at Levine Law Center. We can address all of your family law needs.