Contact our attorney in Portland! (503) 208-3459|

How do I file a workers’ compensation claim in Oregon?

How do I file a workers’ compensation claim in Oregon?

You sadly get hurt on the job. How do you file for workers’ compensation benefits?

In Oregon, you typically are required to report the injury to your employer within 90 days of the accident. If your injury is in the form of an occupational disease (e.g. cancer, heart conditions, repetitive stress injuries, etc.), it must be reported within one year of discovering the illness’ connection to your work. These deadlines are very important. If you miss the deadline, even by one day, you may lose your right to benefits.

When you report an injury to your employer, you will usually be required to complete an 801 Form. This form can be found online (just do a google search for Form 801 Oregon and it will appear the top of the search for you to view and download).

Once you have filled out and returned the 801 Form, your employers’ workers’ compensation insurance carrier will get back to you by mail within 60 days with either an acceptance or a denial. If your claim was denied, it is imperative that you speak to a workers’ compensation attorney immediately to review the appeal process!

By |2018-09-22T14:23:18+00:00September 22nd, 2018|Uncategorized|0 Comments